Red Quinoa Beef Stroganoff
Red Quinoa is an amazing grain. For those of you not familiar with it's amazing-ness yet, be sure to check out the meet whole foods post all about it. I had someone ask me the other day how it's pronounced because it's spelled so funny. She said she was confused and had been saying it "kin-NO-ah" or something. The real way to pronounce it is "KEEN-wah". So there you go; now you'll know how to read this post. :)
One of the things I love about the red quinoa is it's beautiful color. It's just the perfect color to add to dishes with ground beef. I usually adapt recipes that call for ground beef by cutting the meat in at least half and substituting about 1/2 cup of uncooked red quinoa, cooked for every pound of ground beef. I've found that my family still likes the beefy flavor so we do best when I substitute part of the meat in these kinds of dishes rather than omitting it entirely.
Here's one of our favorite dishes with red quinoa that we make a lot. I usually serve it over mashed potatoes. Actually in this picture I served it over a potato/turnip mash (I had just harvested a lot of turnips at the time...). Healthy and delicious.
About the Author
Write admin description here..
Get Updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
Share This Post
Related posts